Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October 7, 2008

Dear Friend,
It’s been awhile since I wrote the last one. Last weekend, I didn’t go to church. Yeah, I am a Christian; I love God, believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sin, and love all the wonderful things he has done and created. No doubt I will be and forever will be a Christian, but lately church is being whack. There is one certain type of church that people should really go to. This type is like any other church in the world, but it mostly focuses on fellowship. I’m not talking about different branches of Christianity, but a minority church. The people who go to those churches only go to meet friends and family, and when they meet up, rumors and gossip starts to pop out from nowhere, and it would create chaos. I was one of those people. I’m not saying that everyone is like this, but it seems to catch my attention recently that people go and waste their time going to church and not learn anything from that day except the latest news on someone. The youth plays a great example that shows how people go to church for the wrong reasons. When kids and teenagers go to church, it’s really a time to play instead of a time to learn. Kids would explore around the church while the teens would play basketball, football, or anything to kill their time. All I’m trying to say is that people that go to that type of church are wasting their time.
Everywhere I go, I see stupidity, especially with my friends. I heard them talk about what happened at last weekend’s party or how the rave was, and I would hear how some idiot got so drunk or how many people they had sex with. At my senior homecoming after party, I saw my friends in a whole different perspective. For a bit, I didn’t even recognized anyone. They were getting all drunk, getting high and flirting with each other. At that time, I didn’t feel like doing all of the things that my friends were doing. Everything didn’t feel right for me, and I realized that getting drunk and high is not what it all seems to be. I’m really ok with doing those activities every one in a while, but for the people who abuse it any chance they could get, it just a little too much.
After coming from that weird night, I feel “infinite.” I get that feeling after having one of the greatest or one of the worst experiences of my whole life. When I was driving home that night, I felt that nothing in the world mattered. I had a chill song blasted through the speakers that seemed soft and natural. I had the windows down to let the cool breeze from the night swarm into the car that relaxed my body. From a great experience, it would still be implanted in your mind and would still have the adrenaline pumped throughout the body. From a bad event, the mind become cleansed from all the horrible recent memory and leaves refreshed. That’s how I felt that night.
Sincerely,
Eric

No comments: