Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 18, 2008

Dear Friend,

I am writing to you because life appears to be all so different. It’s way early in the morning and I have been having random minor but significant epiphanies that boggling in my mind. The past years and recent events have made me notice that friends and others around me are acting “strange.” It’s weird seeing people out of their norm and that they “need” to be the standard and be like everyone else. They were people from freshmen year that used to be so chill, then as the years progressed, something in their brain popped and said, “Oh, everyone is being so cool and if I want to be cool, I need to be like everyone else,” and from there on, they become “cool.” Even when those people deny the fact that they are not like everyone else, they all develop the same mentality that all the “popular” kids have: to go out on the weekends and party where people think it’s all good to force themselves to become idiotic by getting wasted, getting high, and many other things to make a complete fool out of themselves. I’m not saying that everyone act like this, but I think I have said enough for now and will save more for another time.
I just need to know that you’re not falling into that death trap called “a good time.”
People seems like they’re somewhat still young teenagers. I remember the good old days, where you and I would ride our bikes for miles and miles to the riverbank and catch tons of trout and crawdads, where we could spend the night at each others house, and where we used to play with Pokemon cards and watch old cartoons. We were so free and naïve back then, and we would play like nothing in the whole universe mattered. Those days will always be us forever, but we are older and mature, and we need the take the initiative and man up. I think you of all people would understand that because we are family, and we all have the same or similar experiences that we faced during those times. Now, we are experiencing things that would have an impact on our lives from now till we die. I know we only have one short life and we want live to the fullest, but there are something’s that are not worth exploring. So, this is my life. And I want you to know that hard times and temptation is around the corner, so we got to be ready for anything that come across our path. The reason I wrote this letter is because there is a new chapter unfolding in the book of life and I’m ready to bring the ruckus.

Sincerely,
Eric

1 comment:

Margarett said...

sounds like you are nostalgic about your past/childhood. i miss those times, it was so much easier to make decisions and have opinions because everything was black and white. you knew what was good and what was bad and then you grow up and start noticing the shades of purple and blue and you see that everything has two sides.